Sleep Better and Fight Off Colds with Turmeric Latte Recipe!
Turmeric latte, also known as golden milk, is a wonder drink that can help improve one’s immunity and keep you healthy. People who drink it every night observe that they sleep better. This is because turmeric aids in digestion due to its warming benefits. When you wake up the next morning, you will not feel full from the meals you have eaten the previous day.
Turmeric latte is relatively new to the western world, but it is a common concoction to people from India. It is a home remedy that mothers will give to their kids when they catch a cold. Not only will it get rid of the cold virus, golden milk is also an effective booster of the immune system.
What is Turmeric?
Turmeric is a root. When grinded into powder form, it turns into its bright yellow color. It is used in most Indian food, especially curries. And when added to milk, you’ll have turmeric latte that can relieve a sore throat, fight off colds, and boost your immunity. Drinking a small cup of turmeric latte every night can bring you lots of benefits.
Some of the health benefits of turmeric include:
- Improves mood
- Controls cholesterol level
- Detoxifies the liver
- Helps in weight loss
- Strengthen immunity
- Reduces risk for diabetes
- Helps maintain muscle and joint health
As you can see, turmeric latte is a very healthy drink. It is the best defense against colds, especially in times when the weather is getting colder each day. Through this simple recipe, you will be able to add turmeric into your everyday routine.
Turmeric Latte Recipe
This recipe serves one. You will need:
1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
1 teaspoon of honey
1 teaspoon of coconut oil
Half teaspoon of ground turmeric
Half teaspoon of ground ginger
1 teaspoon of cinnamon for topping
- Combine all the ingredients of the turmeric latte, with the exception of cinnamon. You can use a small saucepan for this step. Then bring the mixture to a boil, while occasionally whisking it.
- Once it boils, lower the heat and let it simmer for ten minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a mug, and then top it with cinnamon. Not only does the cinnamon makes it smell more delicious, it has antimicrobial effects that can also help ward off colds.
And that’s it. As you can see, it is that easy to make a cup of turmeric latte. In just a couple of minutes, you will have yourself a cup of golden milk. Feel free to adjust the amounts to suit your taste. Happy sipping!